Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First time home buyer!

How great is that? My husband and I are buying a house. We are buying a house at the perfect time. It seems that every house around me has dropped down to the prices they were at five years ago just so I can buy my first house. I find it kind that everyone saw fit to give up all their equity just for me. I am very excited. We put an offer on a house and went into escrow today. Of course we still have to submit loan papers and every other document known to mankind, but the fact that my husband is a veteran and we have a 0 down is what makes this possible. Not only do we benefit from a CalVet loan, because my husband is 100% military service connected, we do not pay a funding fee and no property taxes. That saves us a minimum of $500.00 on our house payment. I am jazzed to say the least. I actually thought we would never be able to buy a house. Especially here in Simi valley where the fixer uppers were going for $550,000. But God has shed His mercy on us. We just made an offer on a great house for $399,000. Now I call that sweet. I will keep you posted.

No comments: