Saturday, September 03, 2005

Some days are just harder than others.

Sometimes life is about other people we can't control. Sometimes it is hard watching loved ones battle a chemical dependency and yet have no say so in the matter. I have a loved one who just can't seem to get sober. I love him very much and I want great things for his life but I feel so powerless to help him. Sometimes I vision him in an awesome future and I hold on to the hope of God's divine intervention in his life and then he will get drunk and get into a fight that lands him in the hospital or leaves him almost blind and than I find I lose all hope in his recovery. I told him I would lock him in the closet so I didn't have to worry about him anymore but we all know I can't do that. Or can I? It is somewhat ironic that I have battled this horrible disease called alcoholism and I have literally learned to master every addiction in my life but I cannot seem to get my loved one sober. I have this awesome book I wrote I would recommend to anyone suffering from addiction but for some reason it isn't helping him. I share with him the freedom I have found in sobriety, I have also let him know how awesome life is without alcohol, but there are so many other underlying issues in him that sobriety keeps landing on the back burner. I pray everyday and ask God what He would have me to do and then I wait for instruction. That is about all I can do right now. But one day I am afraid I will have to get me a padlock for that closet because I refuse to bury my loved one any day soon. Thanks for listening and have a great and blessed, sober day.